Almost Erryday, B. Nah, Not Really.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lust

I guess it's a personification of Lust, and what Lust would say to us if it were a being... lol. I was in some Blogtalk thing and just felt kinda inspired to write it. I tried to make a sonnet of it last night, but blah i forgot to save it and my computer did an update, i was NOT about to try to remember exactly what i wrote and just wrote freely. Well, here ya go, ENJOY!


I'm the destroyer of love. When I'm present, you should flee.
I do not care about matters of the heart;
So why do you attempt to know me
If I'm known to destroy bonds as if it's an art?
BAH! Foolish ones! Oh God, please help them see
Through those eyes of Yours what the future saw;
That nothing good comes from flirting with me!
But still you sacrifice your soul in my name, like it's law.
How I pray for your epiphany, a discovery of the answer
Which is, the challenge of channeling my fervor SOLELY to the one
Who does love thee, a feat that is hard to master.
If you can stick to this rule, you have won.

2 comments:

  1. you really have no idea just how perfect this is... Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm impressed by the fact that you've executed more of a classical form, and yet it's not rhymey or sing-songy. a very smart piece, i think. read some john donne and holla at a playa.

    ReplyDelete