Almost Erryday, B. Nah, Not Really.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Letter to myself....

Yeah, self-love is essential.

Dear Cierra....

You'd NEVER know how much you'd really mean to me. I have been there all your life, even when what we shared was considered "puppy love". LOL It was great to be there with you. Even though I didn't really know you at the time, I felt like I was there when you were brought out of your beautiful mother's womb, a Libra destined to be a Virgo. Your short life has been filled with great times, along with the bad.

I was there through your bad times, those times when you wanted to shut yourself off and close it up, when you tried to be something that you are not, and when you tried to hide the REAL YOU from me, I was there... somewhere. I was around when you went to your low point, doing bad things, and when you felt like you had no one but your best friend, I was around... hurting because you rejected me, you forgot ME, and I'm supposed to be a part of YOU. I never wanted to leave you, I wanted to be that beacon of light that shined in you, helping you become the woman that I know you can become.

I was there through the good times, the good grades, the friends, so many good times that I can't even remember all of them. It's so hard to list because you know that the bad memories always stick out more than good ones, mainly because you were so fortunate to not have many bad memories. Thank God for that, Cierra.

I am SO glad you have come so far as a person. I'm glad you did NOT let the mud and disdain thrown at you keep wearing you down. Yes, I know you had a hard time picking yourself up, I know you had to dig deep to find me, through all the sludge left in your heart by others tracking mud into it, I'm glad you found me, some of the purest love you still wield.

No comments:

Post a Comment