Almost Erryday, B. Nah, Not Really.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cleared.

Ce/C
It's reset...
Took an eraser to the board,
Dry-erase marker, in red
all over the white matter
that makes up the rest of me
all erased.
The graffiti I made
like a mindless kid
that destroys his own
neighborhood
with his own hand,
adding something HE perceives--
I perceive as aesthetic,
anesthetic to me it was.
A joy to look at the beautiful
words against the wall.
"I love her". Written and reinforced with
green...
colors a complement to one another.
Love is surrounded by a ring of jealousy
(or at least mine was)
used to protect what I thought would be mine.
Healthy when you can paint
the town red
and stay within the lines.
Unhealthy when the red strays into
uncharted territory unplanned outside the wall of my heart,
encountering the green-eyed monster
and fleeing for her life, because, she didn't belong there.
Her name didn't belong marked on the wall,
so, painstakingly, I rinsed my mind.
The mistakes,
The stray red line,
but I can still see the leftovers
and I smile.
The graffiti rinsed off, the red and green remnants of my
bright and luminous light
makes yellow, the color of the flower
I'll send YOU, my FRIEND.

8/1/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment