Almost Erryday, B. Nah, Not Really.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Not Accepting Applications

Not Accepting Applications

tears
and raindrops
soak through
the paper
dissolving the ink
and any possibilities
of me
taking the job
that
I felt SO qualified to do.

Hopeful was I,
GIDDY was ME,
a woman ready to
reenter the workforce
for the tough job
of relationships
and when I,
when i
stepped up
to the door
of that INSTITUTION
and saw that
SIGN....

it said "not accepting applications"
and my whole wall of
hope and
excitement
came falling
--a myriad of bricks,
it seemed--
down and
crushed all my...
boy, i'm hurt.

So, now
I stand at the locked door
looking helplessly
at the inside.
Two people
with party hats,
hugging, filled with joy.
Wish one was me.
I can't lie.
But I pass off
my tears as raindrops falling
on my face,
like the skies
cry FOR me,
and walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment