Almost Erryday, B. Nah, Not Really.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dig

This is a poem I wrote in the middle of the night lol.
You can say it was inspired by a friend who uses the word "dig" a lot. LOL.
ENJOY!

Is it ok if I say I dig you?
I mean, you are quite the archaeological find
Sifting through these sands of time,
slowly,
CAREFULLY,
Recruiting more men to help me complete my
excavation,
hoping to find that priceless artifact
You
have hidden underneath all that
Ruin.
All those years of
wear,
abandonment,
DESECRATION of monuments
that once stood
high
with esteem now lay dormant.
Oh, my Maachu Picchu,
my Sphinx without a nose,
my fragile yet complex Terra Cotta army,
what secrets lie below your lithosphere?
You are submerged like Cleopatra's Temple,
as enigmatic as the Mona Lisa,
and as pragmatic as the original Holy Bible.
If I brush the dust away from those
hieroglyphs,
will I be able to
decode you
with my Rosetta Stone?
If I could
discover that
COVETED
National Treasure you guard with
your
puzzling labyrinth that lies just beneath
the surface,

I wouldn't exploit it.
I would protect it
I would treasure it
and
I would share
The compelling tale of how I uncovered
and earned
the valuable treasure YOU held within.

(Written by Cierra T. 3/13/2010 @ like 3 am lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment